Donna, quite fittingly, finishes her run of articles at eHarmony with the subject of commitment. The main goal at the end of dating. With our last few weeks of following Donna on her dating articles and my pennies worth of info, I thought I would round up some of what we have learned and a few other tips.
- We busted is the often preconceived idea that dating online is for losers. It definitely isn’t, it can be used by the person down the street and the famous.
- To remember to be careful and stay safe. It doesn’t mean you need to take an armed guard with you just your wits. Make sure someone always knows where you are.
- That online dating does have happy endings; real people do find real relationships.
- Be prepared to date out of your normal type. If your normal type isn’t working for you, it could be refreshing change to explore the types you thought you wouldn’t go for.
- Be practical. As a single parent you’re not quite the free spirit you use to be. Dating online might find you dating someone miles away. Be practical with the distance and costs involved.
- Enjoy the whole experience. Don’t rush to get the finish line. Enjoy the getting to know them online first, enjoy the getting ready for the date and enjoy the whole experience.
- Do it for the right reasons, for you. Not because Great Aunt commented it was time you started dating again.
- Don’t expect hearts and violins at every date. Some will be interesting, some will be fun and others might be downright boring. Always keep your manners with you and treat them (even the boring ones) with the respect.
- Follow your gut feeling. If something or someone doesn’t feel right and you can’t put your finger on it, ask questions and then go with your gut feeling.
- Don’t introduce dates to your children until you are certain there is a future. You don’t have to hide the fact you’re dating but be aware your children will have their own feelings on the subject. Adjust if you tell your children and how much you tell your children on your personal circumstances.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from me plus a pack of freebie PDFs to help you