- 15oz can black beans, rinsed
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- æ tsp salt
- º cup reduced-fat sour cream
- º cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times and bake in the oven for about one hour, or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, place beans, tomatoes, olive oil, spices (cumin and coriander) in a saucepan. Season with salt and cook until heated through.
- Cut each potato lengthwise and press open to make a well. Spoon the bean mixture on top in the center of the sweet potatoes, add a bit of sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Enjoy this healthy lunch on a cold winter's day.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from me plus a pack of freebie PDFs to help you