Chicken Vegetable Pot Pie Dinner
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup water
- ? cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 10 æ oz condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Place water, carrots, potato cubes, onion and celery in a sauce pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the vegetables. Then stir in the peas, the chicken cubes and chicken soup. Stir well.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2qt deep oven-proof dish and add vegetables. Roll out the pastry to fit the top of the baking dish and place on top. With your fingers, build up the edge of the pastry and press against the inside of the pastry rim to seal.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until the filling is hot and bubbly and the pastry crust golden brown.
Nutrition For Kids, get your free ebook now.