So you got the date and it’s led to a second date, then a third. Whohoo. But hang on after a few visits the same bar and restaurant you want something different for your date. Well, here is a list of fun things that you could do on a budget.
- How are you are cooking? Know you date well enough not to serve them something they are allergic to or they absolutely hate? If your bit wobbly in the kitchen or want to do something together try cooking together in the same kitchen and each cooking a different course. Don’t tell each other what you are making, keep any recipes in your pocket and have some fun guessing what your final meal will be. Decide before the actual day what courses you are each going to cook then you each buy your own ingredients.
- This one might be a bit seasonal unless you reside at the North Pole but what about ice skating – this can be great fun even if neither of you have ever done it before. There will be a lot of giggling and holding on to one another. Remember, it isn’t a competition, so if you are an Olympic standard skater this is probably not such a good idea for you. The idea is to try something together and have fun learning together. If ice skating isn’t floating your boat how about roller skating? I loved doing this as a kid and I am seeing events popping up to revive the old favourite
- Are you both the outdoors types? How about taking some horse riding lessons or golf lessons together. Then, when you can master the basics of your chosen activity, you have somewhere else that you can go on your future dates. If walking is more your thing you could join a walking group. Trying it for one session could lead to a more walks.
- If you are lucky enough to live in climate that allows you to have a pool in your garden then an pool party for two with a picnic could be fun. No pool then maybe take the picnic to the nearest beach, whatever the weather. Picnics don’t have to be just in the sunshine. Wrap up war, fill a thermos and watch a storm from your car munching on a picnic.
- How about an old movie night. Were all up for watching the latest movies and making a night of it but you could each get hold of your favourite films from when you were teenagers. Laugh and cringe together at the fashions and awful acting.
Just because you’re at the beginning of a new and shiny relationship doesn’t mean you have to play it safe and boring. Do things you and them love as it’s all about getting to know the real you and you getting to know the real them.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from me plus a pack of freebie PDFs to help you