My List is Growing
I have been thinking on my list of the things I want to tackle for a month and thought I would post them in case they inspire you too. The idea is to tackle things a month at a time. The only rules are that I have to do the task for a month, there not to cost anything and after the month is up its up to me if I think there is enough positive effects to carry on.
January has already been marked as the month of poisoning if you ask my children but itâ€™s actually vegetarian month. I will still eat dairy and fish as going completely cold turkey (ha no pun intended) into a vegan diet would probably be a bit too much.
I need your help – Got a great vegetarian recipe? Please send it to me and save me from a month of beans on toast.
So what else do I want to tackle? As to which month they will be tackled is not decided yet but here is my list so far.
- I have always been a bit pathetic at the whole beauty routine thing. Cleansing, toning and moisturising each day has never been top of my priorities and made do with good old soap, water and a dash, dash as in dash out the bathroom.Â FebruaryÂ challenge
- Recycling is a bit hit and miss in my household and I really could do a lot better. So a whole month of recycling everything I can for a month is in order.
- Exercise, I guess it had to creep in somewhere. Basically I donâ€™t do any. I work from home so though I can say I walk to work I donâ€™t think it counts. I was considering doing a run every day and seeing how far I can run by the end of the month but I am talking to an expert on this at the moment and will report back on my findings. But exercise has to be one of the months.
- A good cause month will be tied in with Novemberâ€™s adoption month. I am adopted so I will be writing about it in November.
- Domestic Goddessing is another weak point of mine. Iâ€™m not so bad that we live in squalor or anything close and I do prefer the house is tidy then not. But all that said its the cooking side i fall down on. If its quick, easy and convenient then its dished up. For Christmas this year i requested a cookery book. I know it sounds very grown up but i guess its about time. So there will be a month devoted to cooking properly.
- Caffeine is my downfall. Normal people might do a month of no alcohol but I donâ€™t drink and doing a month of being drunk doesnâ€™t quiet sound good as a parent. But coffee is another thing. I probably single handily keep all the coffee manufacturers in business. I am sure they are rich enough now to manage a month without my contributions.
- Being positive – With so much doom and gloom all around I think a whole month of nothing but positive thoughts and posts is in order.
I will add more soon, if you have an idea for a month do let me know.