Time for Action – Campaign from Action for M.E
Action for M.E s has launched a new campaign called Time for Action. Action for M.E have started this campaign as people with M.E feel strongly that they have a raw deal from the Government and the NHS over the last 20 years compared with many other illnesses. Also that public understanding and awareness of M.E, while better than it was, still remains low. The new campaign Time for Action aims to highlight the plight of the 250,000 people in the UK with M.E and take some positive action.
They need to get the first 10,000 people to sign up to their campaign as quickly as possible.
- Did you know…
- People disabled by M.E are either not getting the welfare support or social care they are entitled to , or are at constant risk of losing their benefits.
- Today (2012) it is still not known what causes M.E or how to cure it.
- More than half of those with M.E will end up losing their jobs.
- Too many people still don’t understand that M.E is a chronically disabling condition.
- Ignorance extends from the heart of Government, through the NHS and the Department for Work and Pensions ( DWP), right down to employers, teachers and sometimes even family members.
What the Time for Action campaign want to do about it .
- They will campaign relentlessly to expose the disgraceful neglect of M.E. and the institutional discrimination against those who have it, until Government commits to putting this right.
- They will drive the agenda on scientific research by investing in their own pilot studies to open up understanding of the biology of M.E.
- They will continue to compensate for Government failings by providing support to people with M.E. through our Online M.E. Centre and Telephone Support Lines, and will launch new services to help GPs, employers and teachers understand the illness better.
You can read more about the campaign and register your support at Action for M.E – Time for Action