Back at the start of the New Year I decided to battle the weight thingy that was spreading around my waist. There was no getting away from it, it was very apparent every time I tried doing my jeans up. My jeans were getting tighter. I have never had a problem with my weight and have never really been that bothered to think about what I eat, and even less worried about exercise. Lucky I know but karma does have a tendency to bite you in the bum and it well and truly has. First instinct is to survive solely on lettuce and run a marathon every day. Neither is going to ever happen with me so I had to think of something I could do. I can’t embark on too much exercise or too suddenly as this would counter act any advancement I have made in controlling the M.E.
Luckily by coincidence a friend was selling her Wii Fit so I snapped it up. Result. Rather nervously, and wasting far too much time, I set up my little Mii (computer representation of myself) and stepped onto Wii board. I dont know if it was the Wii board saying ouch, no honestly it does it every time, when I stood on it or the fact it changes the shape of the Mii to represent your weight that annoyed me. Fortunately for me having a stubborn trait does come n handy at times like these. On I soldiered.
Every day for 30 days I have weighed in and watched the weight come off ( yayyy) then go back on again ( not so yayy) and then start to come off again. I have a few theories on why my weight went back on again but I am taking the healthy view that it was my muscles being used again and my body getting used to eating properly. Admittedly I don’t do the exercises everyday but there is only so much of the patronising coach I can take. Oh and by the way, what’s with the ponytail Mr Coach? I swear you don’t have that when I started because I would have chosen the woman coach over a ponytail on man.
So my fitness goals? There are several so please bare with me as I list them …
- I want to be able to touch my toes again – there was a time I could not only touch my toes but my hand could go flat on the floor. I was still even to do the splits when I was 7 months pregnant with my son.
- I want to be able to get into the jeans I have again – I have some size 10 and some 12 , so not being fussy and any of them will do.
- I want to get bitten by the exercise bug – (at the same time by some miracle finding a cure for M.E.) I want to be a fit 40+ not a flabby 40+. Hence why I have entered the competition 2starsandaswirl has on her site which is being run by Get Fit Feel Epic competition from Moneysupermarket.com . I want to win one of the prizes as it would spur me on.
- I want to be healthier. It has taken years and years to be able to eat fruit and vegetables without being ill.
- Lastly I want to be happier in my weight again, at the moment I am not as this isn’t me.
So if you see me out and about walking or rather propping up a wall, give me a boot up the arse and tell me to get going again please.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from me plus a pack of freebie PDFs to help you