After you have chosen the planner you want to use and have some basic ideas of what to include in it, consider organizing even more by color coding. This involves using colored pens, highlighters, or stickers to make each section or item a different color.
Here are some reasons why this is a great idea.
You can see the Best Planners for 2018 >>
Your planner is helping to keep your life more organized, but why not organize the planner as well? When you look at a monthly calendar and see a lot of text all in the same color, it tends to blend together. If you want to focus on certain things or have a better idea of what is related to finances, home, family, work, or other areas of your life, it helps to use colors for each area. There are many ways to color code different
sections of the planner to make it more effective for you.
Having Fun with Customization
Color coding isnít just about organization, but it is fun to do! Your planner becomes something you love working in because itís pretty and you get to use different pens and artistic tools. Make it a creative project so that it is not only helping you be more productive but becomes a fun creative outlet as well.
Keeping Areas of Your Life Separate
Another excellent benefit of color coding in your planner is to help keep different areas of your life (and schedule) separate. If you are filling out task lists, it might get confusing when it is all written in black. If these tasks arenít necessarily related or even for the same goals one day, it can make it easier to use different colored pens for each type of task on the to-do list.
Deciding What to Color Code
You can color code anything and everything in your planner. This might be changing the pen color when making a to-do list, using stickers or highlighters for certain sections on the calendar pages, or even separating the planner into sections based on the color of the pages. Have fun with it, and remember not only to make it fun but to be sure you are making it more effective, instead of distracting. There is a balance here between being helpful, and going a little overboard.
Start small by taking your monthly calendar for each month, and separating each area into a different color. This might be for things like work, family, and personal life. Or type of event, like holiday, birthday, appointment, or due date.
- Open Height (mm): 610, Open Width (mm): 305
- Style: Wall Calendars
- Size: Square
- View: Month To View
- Binding: Stapled
- 2019 Yearly Wall Planner - Approximate size is 850mmx580mm Comes with Dry Wipe Pen & Coloured Stickers13 months Runs From Jan 2019 - Jan 2020. This is an unmounted, laminated planner ideal for home, office or school
- Filofax Personal 2019 diary
- Week on two pages format
- Monday start
- English language
- White paper
- 2019 A4 Large print calender with one month to each page.
- Two column monthly planner.
- Ideal usage for home, business, office, school, college, etc.
- Notable dates or holidays described and shows phases of moon.
- 2020 forward planner on hardback with summary of notable dates
- Make 2019 your year to be beautifully organised with this best-selling diary from Busy B, featuring a beautiful faux leather cover with gold foil detailing, elastic closure band, pen loop (pen not included) and ribbon page marker
- The perfect size for your desk or handbag, the diary measures 15cm x 21cm when closed. Week to a view, with beautiful illustration throughout and spaces for notes each week. Plan ahead quickly with the mini calendars on each page.
- Built-in mini list pad, pull-out sticker sheets and tear out reminders - perfect for making important meetings & appointments stand out and keeping on top of your to-do lists.
- Pages to record birthdays, expenses and important contacts. Keep everything you need in one handy place!
- Includes four pockets for storing important bits and bobs and a month-per-page year calendar.
- IDEAL TO KEEP BUSY HOMES ORGANISED - this big family wall calendar opens out to show a month at a glance, ideal for any busy home. Runs from September '18 - December '19. Measures 39 x 60 cm when open
- LARGE SPACES FOR EACH DAY - the traditional layout provides a large space for each day to write lots of information. Keep appointments, activities, plans & things to remember in one convenient place
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - comes with 288 colourful stickers to make important dates and events stand out on the page so they can even be seen at a distance. Great for home or office organisation
- DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND LOTS OF USE IN BUSY HOMES - The Home Planner is designed with reinforced hanging holes on every monthly page & the front cover hanging hole has been strengthened with a metal ring
- EXTRA ORGANISATIONAL FEATURES - each monthly spread has extra space to make general notes, reminders, and budget information. Plus, it comes with a large paperwork pocket at the back & a clip-on pencil
- COLUMNED LAYOUT TO MANAGE FAMILY LIFE - Not just a 2019 wall calendar, this clever family planner has columns for 6 people. Perfect for those that like to list individual appointments separately.
- TIME-SAVING OVERLAY TO SAVE REWRITING REGULAR ACTIVITIES - comes with a clear plastic overlay for writing regular weekly events. Move from week to week so that they only have to be written once.
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - includes 288 colourful stickers so important dates and events stand out and can be seen at a distance. Great for home, school, office organisation. Week-to-view layout.
- WEEKLY SHOPPING & TO DO LISTS - each weekly page has a perforated shopping list that can easily be taken to the supermarket, as well as a handy to-do checklist. Hang on the wall by the hanging hook
- EXTRA FEATURES - comes with a large pocket at the back for storing loose paperwork. This family calendar also comes with a clip-on pen that can write on the calendar pages and the plastic overlay
- DESIGNED TO KEEP BUSY FAMILIES ORGANISED - This family calendar starts straight away and runs until December 19. Opens to show the whole month with a flexible layout with columns for up to 6 people.
- SPACIOUS CALENDAR LAYOUT WITH GRID - Perfect for those who like to list everyone's appointments separately. Features space in each month for general notes, budget organisation, to do lists & reminders
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - comes with 288 colourful stickers so important dates and events stand out on the calendar and can be seen even at a distance. Great for home or office organisation
- REINFORCED HANGING HOLES - For use in busy homes, the front cover hanging hole has been strengthened with a metal ring and the hole on each monthly page has been reinforced to withstand lots of use
- EXTRA ORGANISATIONAL FEATURES - big 2018-2019 calendar, designed with large pocket at the back which is ideal for storing paperwork like academic letters, plus clip on pen on the front of the calendar
- Make 2019 your year to be beautifully organised with this best-selling diary from Busy B, featuring a soft cover with gold foil detailing, elastic closure band, pen loop (pen not included) and ribbon page marker.
- Each weekly spread allows you to view your schedule on one side, with a page for all of your notes on the other
- Perfect handbag or desk size, the diary measures 10.5 x 15cm (approximately A6) when closed and runs from January - December 2019
- Includes three handy pockets for storing bits and bobs, tear-out lists at the back and a month-per-page year planner
- Space at the back of the diary for matching mini sticky notes (sold separately)
- Filofax Pocket 2019 diary
- Week on two pages format
- Monday start
- English language
- White paper