On top of being functioning, hardwearing and practical, your bathroom should have the visual appeal too. In the family house, all members should be considered and the size of the family is another important factor.
That’s why when planning the bathroom interiors, you should consider your family’s needs and wants. Asking for advice and tips along the way can help you achieve something the whole family enjoys using.
If you need to stick to a tight budget however, you’ll probably need to source products from the right place. If you’re searching for high quality fittings at an affordable price, check out products from Kaldewei brand.
Creating The Best Family Bathroom
Considering the family doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style in the process. You want something functional but a great design should always work with the practical side.
- Consider tile walls and flooring – Tiles in the bathroom are a durable yet stylish solution. You can easily wipe down the water and residue left on the tiles. There is also a great amount of flexibility when it comes to style and themes.
- Opt for a bathroom suite – Bathroom suites can save money as you won’t have to pay out for each individual unit. Once you have worked through your budget and have factored in the size, you should be able to create a clear direction.
- Install a bath shower – Combining the two can be a big space saver and gives your family the chance to have one or the other.
- Think about colours – Neutral colours will normally impress everyone in the family and is a happy medium. Neutral shades for the décor also last over time so you don’t take the risk of looking outdated. If you wanted something bolder, you can strike a compromise and go for a colourful paint on the floor.
- Install floor shelves – This is a great space saving idea that can help save space when the bathroom is small. Also, consider a sink and toilet unit that incorporates drawers underneath so you have plenty of space for storage. It looks stylish too so you can end up pleasing everyone in the family! When you head to the home store next, make sure you look at combination units.
- Recycle – Transforming items of furniture around you that could fit in the bathroom is a great idea. Upcycling can save you money and prevent waste. This could include the odd bits of wood you have in the garage or using a cupboard unit. Simply paint and varnish if it’s looking a little tired. It could also be the perfect opportunity to get the young members of the family involved. They can try their hand at painting a bit and having their work included in the bathroom!
These are all great ways you can create a family friendly bathroom. Doing so will allow all family members to feel included whilst having something practical and stylish.