Thank goodness for Linkedin, it was merrily letting me know a few people had liked my work anniversary this week. Odd I thought as I couldn’t think what anniversary it was. On further investigation I found its 7 years since I started Confessions of a Single Mum. Wow 7 years of me on my soap box about life as a single parent.
So what’s happened in those 7 years? Well according to the clever little analytic programme, which I added a year into having Confessions ( yes I know should have added it at the beginning), in the 6 years the programme has been chugging away in the background…
- 480,612 pageviews
- 615 posts
- 499 comments
- And the best day ever was 21st January 2013 when the site received 1066 in one day.
In my life in those 7 years….
- Made some fantastic blogging/ online friends
- Discovered I had M.E
- Left job to become self employed, started part time work ( whilst juggling several self employed things)
- Both children left school
- Lost my Mum ( as in passed away, didnt just misplace her lol sorry she would find that hilarious)
- Learnt what makes me happy and the courage to change work/life direction
Not to bad a list on both, though there room for improvement on both. So what do I hope the next 7 years will entail?
I hope in 7 years time I am still blogging as I love it. To continue to meet and friend more bloggers. To see where my blogging life takes me as my children make the turn into adulthood. I want my children to find what makes them sparkle in life and if they can find that in jobs too then that would be amazing. I would like to kick the M.E into touch, into outer space would be even better, but enough to get a life back. (I am getting there slowly).
I think as my school reports all use to say…Kairen shows potential if she would just apply herself, she could do better.