When you start a planner, you have a few options. You can purchase a store-bought planner where the pages are already in there, you can print out planner pages and put it together yourself in a binder, or you can use your bullet journal. Here are some things to consider when using a bullet journal.
You can see the Best Planners for 2018 >>
Utilize the Monthly Calendar
The first part of a bullet journal that can also double as your planner is with the monthly calendar and list of events. As you know, this is a big part of a bullet journal. For each month, you create a new monthly calendar, where you write any important events or appointments for that month. You should also have room on that page or right next to it where you list the events and other things happening that month. This monthly calendar is then used to set up the weekly and daily schedules.
Add Details to Weekly and Daily Calendar Pages
Once you have filled out the monthly calendar, you can then move on to the weekly and daily calendar pages. Weekly calendars provide more space for writing, so that you can think of what is due by the end of the week, and spread it out between each day of the week. This allows you to get specific with tasks to be completed on certain days.
Some bullet journals also have more space for daily calendar pages, but these are usually only if you have a lot going on for a particular day. The monthly and weekly calendar pages are the most important.
Write Detailed To-Do and Task Lists
The bullet journal also provides more space for your task and to-do lists. Think about your goals and what tasks need to be done to complete those goals. You might have a short-term goal for the end of this month, then you have 5 or 6 tasks that need to be done by that date. Use your bullet journal to work out when you will complete these tasks. To-do lists are another amazing resource for staying more organized.
The advantage you get with a bullet journal as opposed to a regular planner is that every page is blank until you fill it up. So, you can have as many pages for these lists as you need, without worrying about running out of space.
Have Extra Tracking Pages
With all those extra pages, you can then track other things that are important to you.
This might be keeping track of what to complete for your business, listing classes you need to take before getting your degree, or tracking things like your anxiety triggers or what you’re eating each day. There are so many different parts of your life you can keep track of by combining a bullet journal and planner.
- Open Height (mm): 610, Open Width (mm): 305
- Style: Wall Calendars
- Size: Square
- View: Month To View
- Binding: Stapled
- 2019 Yearly Wall Planner - Approximate size is 850mmx580mm Comes with Dry Wipe Pen & Coloured Stickers13 months Runs From Jan 2019 - Jan 2020. This is an unmounted, laminated planner ideal for home, office or school
- Filofax Personal 2019 diary
- Week on two pages format
- Monday start
- English language
- White paper
- 2019 A4 Large print calender with one month to each page.
- Two column monthly planner.
- Ideal usage for home, business, office, school, college, etc.
- Notable dates or holidays described and shows phases of moon.
- 2020 forward planner on hardback with summary of notable dates
- Make 2019 your year to be beautifully organised with this best-selling diary from Busy B, featuring a beautiful faux leather cover with gold foil detailing, elastic closure band, pen loop (pen not included) and ribbon page marker
- The perfect size for your desk or handbag, the diary measures 15cm x 21cm when closed. Week to a view, with beautiful illustration throughout and spaces for notes each week. Plan ahead quickly with the mini calendars on each page.
- Built-in mini list pad, pull-out sticker sheets and tear out reminders - perfect for making important meetings & appointments stand out and keeping on top of your to-do lists.
- Pages to record birthdays, expenses and important contacts. Keep everything you need in one handy place!
- Includes four pockets for storing important bits and bobs and a month-per-page year calendar.
- IDEAL TO KEEP BUSY HOMES ORGANISED - this big family wall calendar opens out to show a month at a glance, ideal for any busy home. Runs from September '18 - December '19. Measures 39 x 60 cm when open
- LARGE SPACES FOR EACH DAY - the traditional layout provides a large space for each day to write lots of information. Keep appointments, activities, plans & things to remember in one convenient place
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - comes with 288 colourful stickers to make important dates and events stand out on the page so they can even be seen at a distance. Great for home or office organisation
- DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND LOTS OF USE IN BUSY HOMES - The Home Planner is designed with reinforced hanging holes on every monthly page & the front cover hanging hole has been strengthened with a metal ring
- EXTRA ORGANISATIONAL FEATURES - each monthly spread has extra space to make general notes, reminders, and budget information. Plus, it comes with a large paperwork pocket at the back & a clip-on pencil
- COLUMNED LAYOUT TO MANAGE FAMILY LIFE - Not just a 2019 wall calendar, this clever family planner has columns for 6 people. Perfect for those that like to list individual appointments separately.
- TIME-SAVING OVERLAY TO SAVE REWRITING REGULAR ACTIVITIES - comes with a clear plastic overlay for writing regular weekly events. Move from week to week so that they only have to be written once.
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - includes 288 colourful stickers so important dates and events stand out and can be seen at a distance. Great for home, school, office organisation. Week-to-view layout.
- WEEKLY SHOPPING & TO DO LISTS - each weekly page has a perforated shopping list that can easily be taken to the supermarket, as well as a handy to-do checklist. Hang on the wall by the hanging hook
- EXTRA FEATURES - comes with a large pocket at the back for storing loose paperwork. This family calendar also comes with a clip-on pen that can write on the calendar pages and the plastic overlay
- DESIGNED TO KEEP BUSY FAMILIES ORGANISED - This family calendar starts straight away and runs until December 19. Opens to show the whole month with a flexible layout with columns for up to 6 people.
- SPACIOUS CALENDAR LAYOUT WITH GRID - Perfect for those who like to list everyone's appointments separately. Features space in each month for general notes, budget organisation, to do lists & reminders
- COLOURFUL REMINDER STICKERS - comes with 288 colourful stickers so important dates and events stand out on the calendar and can be seen even at a distance. Great for home or office organisation
- REINFORCED HANGING HOLES - For use in busy homes, the front cover hanging hole has been strengthened with a metal ring and the hole on each monthly page has been reinforced to withstand lots of use
- EXTRA ORGANISATIONAL FEATURES - big 2018-2019 calendar, designed with large pocket at the back which is ideal for storing paperwork like academic letters, plus clip on pen on the front of the calendar
- Make 2019 your year to be beautifully organised with this best-selling diary from Busy B, featuring a soft cover with gold foil detailing, elastic closure band, pen loop (pen not included) and ribbon page marker.
- Each weekly spread allows you to view your schedule on one side, with a page for all of your notes on the other
- Perfect handbag or desk size, the diary measures 10.5 x 15cm (approximately A6) when closed and runs from January - December 2019
- Includes three handy pockets for storing bits and bobs, tear-out lists at the back and a month-per-page year planner
- Space at the back of the diary for matching mini sticky notes (sold separately)
- Filofax Pocket 2019 diary
- Week on two pages format
- Monday start
- English language
- White paper