1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup sugar substitute, divided
10 egg whites, at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place the flour the 1/2 of the sugar in a sifter and sift together in large mixing bowl.
- Place the egg whites in another mixing bowl. Add the cream of tarter and beat on high speed with an electric mixer.
- Add half of the remaining sugar and continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat again for 1 minute.
- Stir in the almond and vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula mix together the flour mixture and the egg mixture.
- Place the oven temperature to 350 degrees and allow the oven to heat up.
- Place the batter in an ungreased cake pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the cake bounces back easily when lightly touched.